Cream Cheese Brownies
I needed a quick and easy dessert this week and looked in the pantry to see what I had available. A box of brownie mix wasn’t going to go far enough for the 11 people I needed to serve so I scrounged in the fridge. I had a package of cream cheese. Hmmm. Grabbing my computer I typed in Cream Cheese Brownies and found this recipe. Easy, quick and so darned good I had to share.
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or what mix calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or what your mix calls for)
- 2 eggs (or what your mix calls for)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (water, oil, eggs).
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well-blended.
- Place cheese mixture in dolups over the whole pan, leaving some brownie showing inbetween.
- Cut or swirl through batter several times with a knife or fork for a marbled effect. It can be tricky to get a good marble effect so be careful not to over work it.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. (These will also freeze well).