My friend, Sheila Gerzek, is a great cook. She enjoys it too and so I mine recipes from her every chance I get. Last week my ears perked up when she mentioned that she made Whiskey Chicken. Yum. So naturally I asked her for the recipe. So glad she’s agreeable!!!!
As a funny aside, I had asked her to take a picture of her Whiskey Chicken and text it to me for this post. Later that same night, I got a text from her with the picture to the left. But, she said, “Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the whole pan. I suck at blogging.”
Then I got another picture from her that said, “I’m good at this.” Did I mention that she’s also funny?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Whiskey Chicken. Have a glass of wine with it!
- 2 packages of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Olive Oil
- Whiskey (your choice)
- Orange juice
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Dredge chicken in flour w/pepper (to taste).
- Pan fry in olive oil until both sides are light brown.
- Whiskey, Orange Juice, Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce (I use less soy sauce or the chicken gets too salty).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Optional, turn oven down to 300 degrees and bake a little longer until the chicken is tender and falls apart.