We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website https://pjfiala.com (the “Website”): Personal Data that you provide to us.
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected When you sign-up to:
• receive free content, including eBooks, videos and offers;
• Email address • First name • Last name
When you purchase a book directly from us
• Name • Email address • Phone number
• Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form
• Payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us) When you complete the media enquiries form
• Name • Email address • Phone number
2. Use of your Personal Data: We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to: • process and manage your use of our website; • respond to your questions, comments and requests; • where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you; • improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data: We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below: We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure: We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
6. Children: This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data: You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address: 905 George Street, PMB 136, De Pere, WI 54115
• see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask us to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
• withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose: We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Us Our full details are: Email for Privacy Questions: email@example.com Postal Address: 905 George Street, PMB 136, De Pere WI 54115.
10. Cookies: Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used as anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Please note, the retailers that carry my books have their own systems in place for handling customer issues. Contact information for the major retailers has been included here for your convenience.
For help with Amazon.com purchases, please contact Amazon Customer Service.
Amazon Corporate Headquarters
410 Terry Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
For help with Barnes & Noble purchases, please contact Barnes & Noble Customer Service.
Barnes & Noble Corporate Office Headquarters
122 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
For help with Apple Books purchases, please contact Apple Support.
Apple Corporate Headquarters
One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014
For help with Kobo purchases, please contact Kobo Customer Support.
Rakuten Kobo Head Office
135 Liberty Street Suite 101
Toronto, ON M6K 1A7
For help with Google Play purchases, please contact Google Play Support.
Google Corporate Office
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Disclosure: Some of the links on my site are affiliate links, meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.