Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
If you regularly follow me, you’ll know that we do weekly dinners with the kids and that we have everyone write down a meal choice and we draw one from the bowl after dinner for the next week’s meal. This way, we don’t get stuck in a rut.
This week, though, Alex wanted Bacon Cheeseburgers. Since there’s no mystery to those, I found a side dish to go along with our burgers, and this is a good one. Let me know what you think.
- 1 (12 oz) package uncooked tri-color rotini pasta
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 3 T dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t garlic pepper
- 1/2 c milk, or as needed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (4.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain
- 2. Place bacon in a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain and chop.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder and garlic pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Place rotini, bacon, tomato, black olives and cheese in bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Toss with additional milk if the salad seems a little dry.