My recipe this week is a bit labor intensive, but it’s the best lasagna I’ve ever had. At least white lasagna, that is. My husband, Gene, makes a mean red lasagna too.
Each week, usually on Sundays, Gene and I have the kids over for supper. It gives us a day to see the family, the grandkid
Like every family, we run into ruts where we just don’t know what to make and we keep making the same thing over and over. Before Christmas, what we did was have each person write down a meal they would like. We put them into a cup and each week, we draw out one meal for the following week. Our daughter-in-law, Shaina, loves this Chicken Alfredo Lasagna and we had it this past Sunday.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Makes 2 pans of lasagna
15 Lasagna Noodles – cooked
3 large chicken breasts – boneless – sliced thinly
1 t. Italian seasoning
1 t. Garlic Powder
2 jars of Paul Newman’s Alfredo Sauce (you can use another brand, we just like this one)
2 16 oz containers of Ricotta Cheese
2 lbs. Mozzarella Cheese – sliced
1 bunch fresh spinach
- Fry chicken breasts in butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread 1/3 jar of Alfredo Sauce in bottom of lasagna pan
- Lay 2 ½ lasagna noodles over sauce
- Another layer of sauce
- Lay the chicken slices on the layer of sauce (half in each pan)
- Dot half of the Ricotta Cheese over the chicken
- Layer the mozzarella cheese slices on top of the Ricotta cheese
- Another layer of noodles
- Layer of sauce
- Dot the remaining ricotta cheese on the sauce
- Sprinkle the spinach on top of the ricotta
- Layer the remaining mozzarella cheese on the top
- Cover with foil and bake in 350ͦ oven for 45 -55 minutes.
- Pull from oven and let stand 10 -15 minutes before cutting
If you try this recipe for yourself, please tell me how you liked it. Take pictures and show me your final product.
The kindest thing you can do is share this post with your friends. Thank you for sharing.]]>