I’m still doing Keto, though I’ve stopped losing weight. BUT, I sleep like a rock, have no stomach issues and love not eating all the carbs and sugars, so there’s that. I’ve also tried some new and fun recipes and this is one of them. We love this salad and it’s easy to make too!
Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Salad
Delicious salad that works for any diet – gluten free or keto and great if you aren’t on any diet.
- 3 Cups Shredded Poached or Roasted Chicken (We use the roasted chickens we find in the grocery store because we like their seasonings and cut the meat off the bone)
- 2 Large Avocados – cut up in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, or more to taste
- A couple dashes of lemon juice to keep the avocado from turning brown
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Bacon, approx. 5 standard slices, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c of craisins
- 1/4 c of sunflower nuts
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Poach or roast chicken until cooked through then let cool. (Or purchase a roasted chicken and remove from the bone)
- Combine all ingredients until fully mixed.
- Cover and Refrigerate until serving.
- Serving Suggestion: You can serve this as a wrap. (Keto or gluten free use a cabbage leave or leaf of lettuce)