Jump to recipe
It’s no secret that I’m a summer girl, but I do have a confession – I love fall desserts. Apple Caramel Pizza, Apple Crisp, Baked Apples, Fried Apples, Pumpkin everything, you get the picture. So when I tried this Apple Crisp recipe for family night, I knew I just had to share it with you. The whole family loved it – even the littles.
If you give it a try, please let me know how you served it or what you thought.
I found this recipe on All Recipes.
Apple Crisp is a wonderful dessert that can be eaten warm or cold.
- 6 apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 3. Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.