Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6 peeled, cored, and chopped apples
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 2 1/4 c. caramel sauce, I used Hershey’s
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 sleeves crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Make brown sugar apples: In large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. In large bowl, toss apples with brown sugar, apple pie spice, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until tender, about 25 minutes. Reserve pan juices and let cool.
- Make cheesecake filling: In bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, and lemon zest until just combined. Add cream and beat on medium speed until combined. Refrigerate until assembly.
- Make graham cracker crumble: Stir together graham crackers with melted butter and salt.
- Assemble trifle: Pour 3/4 cup of caramel sauce into bottom of a trifle dish. Chill until caramel is set, about 1 hour. Sprinkle 1 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumble over caramel layer. Cover graham crackers with 1 1/2 cups apple mixture. Drizzle half cooking liquid over apples. Spread 2 cups of cheesecake mixture over apples with back of spoon or spatula until completely covered. Pour remaining caramel sauce over cheesecake mixture and chill until set. Repeat layers of graham cracker crumble, apples, and cheesecake mixture.
- Let set at least 2 hours before serving, preferably overnight to let ingredients blend together.
- Garnish with reserved graham crackers and caramel.
Super delicious, not low-cal but so worth it.