Cheesy Broccoli Casserole – Crock Pot Style
We were asked to bring a side dish to our grandson, Garrett’s, birthday party. The main dishes were lasagna and tortellini. What to bring for that? So, in thinking that everything on the dinner table needs to be a different color, I chose green and then decided on Broccoli-Cheese casserole. I found this recipe on Taste of Home and modified it just a bit. Let me know if you’ve tried it and how you liked it.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle crackers on top; dot with butter.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
- Nutritional Facts
- 1/2 cup: 159 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
- © 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC