Jump to recipe
This week our weather turned cooler and as sad as I was that summer is quickly leaving us, it was a time to turn to soups and cooler weather foods.
I found this recipe from Delish, modified it a bit, but you make it the way you want. Let me know what you think of it and – enjoy!
Link to Delish – https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25238472/instant-pot-potato-soup/
Instant Pot Potato Soup
1 hour, 5 minutes
I liked the bacon in the soup but next time I'll try it with smoked sausage.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. milk, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar, for serving
- 1 lb. chopped bacon - (reserve a few slices for serving)
- Freshly chopped chives, for serving
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and melt butter.
- Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add bacon (reserve some for serving if you prefer). Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and place lid on Instant Pot. Set to Pressure Cook on High and set time for 8 minutes. Once finished, turn valve to quick release.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons milk and cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Remove lid from Instant Pot and set to Sauté function again. Pour in slurry, remaining 1 cup milk, and heavy cream and let boil about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cheddar, bacon, and chives before serving.