This week on Open Book Blog Hop we’re talking about your distractions, or more particularly, what are your Top 5 Distractions and how do you deal with them?
Distractions aren’t fun, but sadly we have them a lot in our lives. Especially with the Internet. There’s always a distraction waiting around the corner.
My top five distractions are:
- The pop up messages telling me that someone posted something on Facebook. OMG, this is a big on. Just typing this post out I was a minimum of 23 messages.
- Email. I also get messages when I get emails. And those pop-ups usually include the first line of the email. But not the whole line, just enough that I feel compelled to stop and check in case I need to respond right away.
- People. When I’m at work (I work in a law office part-time) I am interrupted constantly. By constantly, I mean – all the darn time. Between co-workers, attorneys, telephone calls, emails, and generally, messages popping up telling me that someone tagged me on Facebook. 😄
- Having too many irons in the fire. I seem to have a problem. I get involved in too many things. Then, I have too many things going on at the same time and I find myself in the middle of something only to think I should be doing something else.
- My phone. Like many people, I have a smart phone. I get notifications every time someone pins one of my pins on Pinterest. Each time someone likes one of my Instagram posts. Emails, tweets, text messages, Facebook messages, you name it, I am never unplugged. While this seems like a bad thing, it is a way of life. I work hard and I’ve fallen into the trap of being afraid I’ll miss an opportunity to get involved in a promotional opportunity, that will bring my books to new readers.
Do you have a way of holding the distractions at bay? If so, share your tips.