Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine
I tried something different this week and we really enjoyed it. I hope you do too. Next time I make it, I’ll make it with the alternative zucchini instead of the pasta, how will you make it?
- • 1 lb Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- • 4 cups Broccoli florets
- • 2 cloves Garlic
- • 1 tbsp Lemon, zest
- • 1 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- • 12 oz Fettuccine pasta, dry
- • 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 tbsp Butter
- • 3 oz Cream cheese, light or regular
- • 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1. Prepare pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package, adding in broccoli during last 5 minutes of boiling pasta (so they will both boil together during last 5 minutes, then drain them together. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water just in case you want to thin sauce.
- 2. In a large, deep skillet or pot, melt butter over medium heat then add in garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in cream cheese and parmesan and whisk until melted (it will look lumpy at first but will begin to smooth). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 3. Toss drained pasta and broccoli into sauce mixture along with chicken (thin with reserved pasta water if needed). Serve warm topped with additional parmesan, lemon zest and pepper as desired.
- 4. Top with additional shredded parmesan cheese.
- As I mentioned, next time I'll replace the pasta for veggetti zucchini for a healthier version of this dish.