Jump to recipe
I started a diet a few weeks ago, actually right after I left my day job and began writing full time. The writer’s curse is that we sit for long periods of time and then we gain weight. I’m trying not to let that happen.
So, I started on Optavia. As of this writing, I’ve lost five pounds in two weeks and it’s been relatively easy to be on. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. Fingers crossed.
The way Optavia works is that you eat pre-measured snacks every two and a half hours (honestly the snacks have been good and I’m not hungry), then one meal a day that is Lean & Green. Pinterest and my coach’s social media pages have been incredibly helpful to find recipes for the Lean & Green meals and they’ve been very tasty.
I posted this one the other day and readers were asking for the recipe. So, here you go folks. Let me know your thoughts on it. The recipe is not mine, it’s from Stacey Hawkins!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
2 pepper halves
Nutrition Facts Serving size: 2 half peppers Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 281 % Daily Value* Total Fat 16.7g 21% Saturated Fat 10.2g 51% Cholesterol 67mg 22% Sodium 375mg 16% Total Carbohydrate 12.5g 5% Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7% Total Sugars 8.5g Protein 19g Vitamin D 0mcg 0% Calcium 320mg 25% Iron 2mg 10% Potassium 346mg 7% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1/3 c diced yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1/4 c low sodium beef broth
- 6 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb thinly shaved, deli roast beef
- 4 Tbsp. low fat cream cheese
- 4-1oz. slices reduced fat provolone cheese
- Preheat over to 400f
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in broth until the onions are translucent. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Mix in the roast beef and heat through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cream cheese.
- Line inside of one pepper half with a quarter slice of cheese. Next, fill each pepper with an eight of the roast beef mixture. Top with quarter slice of cheese. Repeat for remaining bell pepper halves.
- Bake in hot oven 15-20 minutes until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- NOTE: This is a very tasty recipe but next time I'd roast the peppers prior to adding the beef mixture to ensure they are done.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this and if you want to hear more about Otavia, drop me a note in the comments or you can email me from my home page on my website – www.pjfiala.com