As pizza goes, its not something I crave. But, there are times something sounds good and I want to make it.
We get Cooking Light magazine and this month the cover had a white sauce vegetarian pizza with zucchini and pea pods. I love pea pods, but on my pizza I couldn’t see that I’d enjoy them, so we changed it up a bit.
- Pizza Crust
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless - grilled or baked to taste)
- 1/2 lb. package of fresh mushrooms - sliced
- 1/2 can black olives - sliced
- 1 sm. zucchini - sliced thin
- Alfredo Sauce (we like Paul Newman's Alfredo sauce)
- 1 lb. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb. shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare your crust for the toppings. We used Pillsbury Pizza Crust and spread it in the pan and baked it for 6 mins.
- Add a thin layer of Alfredo sauce to your crust.
- Layer chicken, mushrooms, olives, zucchini (I wanted to add spinach, but we forgot it)
- Top with both cheeses.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Spread the sauce onto your crust.
Add ingredients to sauce.
Bake and enjoy your pizza.