This year I was introduced to a new cookie and folks, I’m in love. I’m generally in love with all things bourbon anyway, but then these dang cookies came along and, well let’s just say, I’ll need to let some seems out.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon (I used Wild Turkey)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and bourbon in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix.
- Scoop teaspoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Bourbon
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Mix ingredients and spoon over (drizzle) cookies or frost with knife.