No-Salt White Bread Recipe
My granddaughter has had some health issues recently and that required a salt-free diet. Seems simple, right? Just don’t use salt. Well, hold on there, everything pre-packaged has salt. So, I started looking for things she could eat. She loves sandwiches and bread, so I thought I’d give this a try. It’s really pretty good and easy to make.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg white
- Combine water and sugar, dissolve sugar.
- Add yeast to sugar water.
- Put flour, yeast mixture and olive oil into breadmaker.
- Start the breadmaker, with a plain or French loaf setting on your machine.
- When ingredients are almost completely combined (about 5 minutes in), add egg white.
- Allow breadmaker to complete baking.