Brown Butter Pumpkin Fettucine
I’ve mentioned Shelia from work before, and I’m mentioning her again. She made this recipe which she adapted from a recipe she found on Half Baked Harvest and it’s soooooo good I couldn’t wait to share it.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano or parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded Raclette cheese + 4 thin slices or other swiss style cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- kosher salt + pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine (I substituted zucchini spiralized with my veggetti)
- 6 leaves fresh sage
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet with sides over medium high heat. Add 4 tablespoons butter and allow the butter to brown, stirring often, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 15-30 seconds or until fragrant, then slowly pour in the milk, heavy cream, and pumpkin pure. Whisk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer and cook 5-10 minutes. Stir in the pecorino romano, 1 cup raclette and nutmeg. Season with salt + pepper.
- Boil the fettuccine/zucchini until al dente. Drain and add directly to the pumpkin Alfredo sauce. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter. Add the the raclette cheese slices and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until a crust forms and the cheese has "fried". Remove the cheese from the skillet and add the sage, fry 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Divide the fettuccine/zucchini among plates and top with fried cheese + sage. Drizzle with any browned butter left in the pan. Eat!