Charred Corn Guacamole
I recently tried the Charred Corn Guacamole by Bobby Flay I found on the Food Network for a Packer Game party. Folks, it was sooo good. I received many compliments on it so, of course, I wanted to share it with you. Let me know if you make it and what you think. If you make a different version of it, please share it with us.
- 4 ears Perfectly Grilled Corn, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 serrano chile, finely diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Blue, yellow and white corn chips, as accompaniment
- 1. Heat the grill to high.
- 2. Remove the husks from the grilled corn and discard. Brush the ears of corn with 2 tablespoons of the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the ears until the kernels are lightly golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the kernels from the ears.
- 3. Place the avocado in a medium bowl and mash slightly with a fork. Add the corn, serrano, onion, lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, cilantro and salt and pepper and gently stir to combine. Serve with fried corn chips or warm flour tortillas.
- Super refreshing and tasty dish. Colorful too!