Irish Cream Brownie Dessert
I saw this made on a video on Facebook and it looked soooooo good, I just had to try it.
Truth be told, you could just make the brownie cake, then mix up the topping and freeze it and use it as a modified cool whip. The way this dessert is made, it’s time consuming, but super delicious.
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c Irish Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. dark chocolate (melted)
- 12 oz. melted butter
- 6 oz. Irish Cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 5/8 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 c. plain flour
- 3/4 c. cocoa
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together cream, vanilla and Irish Cream until soft peaks are formed. Fold in one can of condensed milk.
- 2. Pour mixture into a lined 9x9 brownie tray, spread flat and freeze over night until set.
- 3. To make the brownies, pour the melted butter over the chocolate and stir to combine, then pour in the Irish Cream and stir again. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4. Whisk the eggs until they foam up and then add the sugar and keep whisking for a minute or so. Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and stir together then sift in all the dry ingredients and fold everything through.
- 5. Pour the mixture into two lined 9x9 brownie trays and spread out.
- 6. Bake for 15 - 20 mins.
- 7. When the brownie layers are completely cool, remove from the pan. Top one with the ice cream layer. Place second brownie layer on top. Transfer to freezer for 4 hours.
- 8. When completely frozen transfer to a cutting board and slice into 2x4 inch sandwiches.
- 9. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- If you wanted to make this in less time, I'd bake the brownies, then mix up the ice cream and freeze it. Cool the brownies and use the ice cream as a topping. Less messy and less work. Plus you don't have to freeze twice.