Meatloaf by Joan Huffman
My cousin, Sonya, (she’s becoming a regular on here 😄) gave me a family meatloaf recipe. Now, I didn’t know the “family” recipe was actually Joan Huffman’s recipe, but it doesn’t matter because it’s absolutely amazing.
This recipe was originally published in The Harrodsburg Herald, Harrodsburg, Kentucky on September 2, 1999. So, thank you Joan for sharing this delicious meatloaf with us.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 c cracker crumbs or oatmeal
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 chopped onion
- Mix the above ingredients for the meatloaf, turn into a loaf pan and bake for 45 mins at 350 degrees.
- While meatloaf is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over meatloaf and bake 15 mins.