Butter Pecan Squares
We’ve been planning our big bike vacation to Colorado with a great group of friends (14 of us). Part of this planning is getting together with everyone to plan and that always involves eating and drinking. At our last planning meeting, Deb Joski made these awesome Butter Pecan Squares and she readily shared the recipe so I could share it with you. So, thanks Deb, we all appreciate it.
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) White cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Tap to Download
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 egg, butter, and pecans. Mix well. (I used a food processor.)
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, 2 remaining eggs, and the powdered sugar until well combined. Pour over the crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is set. It should be gooey, but not runny.
- Cool completely before cutting, 1-2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.