Be in the know about new releases and reader exclusives!
This is a favorite meal for me. It can be a bit time consuming, but so worth it. Let me know what you think.
Here are some pictures of the process.
Lovely little cabbage leaves filled with yummy ground beef.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 144
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 17g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c of instant rice
- 1 jar of Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1. Pull full leaves from the cabbage and boil them until pliable but not falling apart (just about 3 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 2. In large mixer add ground beef, eggs, instant rice, salt and pepper to taste and garlic clove.
- 3. Take small balls of ground beef (about the size of a serving on your plate (I use the size of my fist), roll it between your hands until a tightly pressed ball.
- 4. Wrap into a cabbage leaf, starting at the softest end of the leaf and roll toward the stem, folding in the sides as you roll. End with a toothpick pushed in through the stem and ground beef to hold in place.
- 5. Set cabbage rolls into large baking pan, pour spaghetti sauce over rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins. to 1 hour (depending on oven and how many rolls you have in your pan).
- 6. Can sprinkle parmesan cheese on the top for the last few minutes before serving if you choose.
Romance Author PJ Fiala https://www.pjfiala.com/
I will not share, sell or rent the email you have given me with anyone. I will never spam you. There is an “unsubscribe” button at the end of all emails I send and clicking on it will remove your email from my mailing list.
I do have cookies installed on my site, it’s to help me collect stats about visitors and I get super excited when I see people visiting from all over the world.
Lastly, I do use affiliated links which means that I may get advertising fees by advertising and linking to some stores on line (basically, I can receive commissions on some purchases you make when you arrive at some vendors sites after clicking on a link on one of my sites). This doesn’t change anything for you since the price remains the same.